Thursday, December 06, 2007

Volta Web is here at last!

logo-volta.png
Microsoft is releasing on Wednesday a technology preview of its Volta Web developer toolset, which is intended to make it easier to build multi-tier Web applications, including applications useful in SaaS environments.

VOLTA WEB! At last is here. Microsoft is releasing Volta Today. Once and for all we can write Apps directly form Visual Studio (unfortunately need VS2008 to integrate to the IDE for true visual development) - Include C# - JAVA - VB.NET or IronPython, etc. and run it as WebApps and or as WebService. Yahooo! Remains to be seen. I just downlaoded it and now I have to find the VS2008 form one of our MSDN and test the whole thing. Another question hat I have for Microsoft is this: Can I develop an Application for Local Stand alone use and then, totally transparent to me as a developer, can I recompile the whole thing, so I can make a WebApp? Am I dreaming? Could this be an early X-Mass present? LOL!

No comments: