Saturday, October 27, 2007

Avoid Installing OS X Leopard via Upgrade!



Well I have seen a lot of complaints on the installation of (upgrade) an d Blue Screen of death! Apple and even Microsoft have never been good at UPGRADE! That is why I have never upgraded a Windows machine from one Windows to another! I am firm believer that the installation builders never know how to deal with an upgrade since they do not know anything about the true nature of the actual software. So that is why, no matter where I worked, I have always assigned couple of developers as the actual Installation builders. Now we know that that is how it is suppose to be and why I have been so firm about it.

I guess the situation was not as bad when we switched to Tiger – but even then the machine that had a clean install ram faster than a machine that was upgraded and I had to go back and reinstall it fresh with a copy of Tiger. This is nothing special or even specific to Apple.

No comments: