Saturday, July 10, 2010

Bind Multiple Apps to specific NIC

Here is a Problem that I have had for a long time. Wanna see if anyone out there has a solution for it. If it sounds complicated, it’s because it is. Here we go in Point Format:

· Platform: PC

· OS: Windows 7

· Network 1: Gigabit NIC connected to a Router that is connected to A Cable Modem

· Network 2: Gigabit NIC connected to a Router that is connected to A ADSL Modem

OK, now, I would like to be able to ‘BIND’ different Applications to Different NICs. Example I would like to watch a live stream using my NIC 2 via DSL and I would like Surf using Nic 1 via Cable modem.

I can do this very easily under OS X on my Macs. I just assign Apps to diff connections. I would like to know if anyone has solved this problem. So to shorten the Question: How can you connect or bind different applications to different NICs in your machine so they can use different internet connections? Thanx!

No comments: