Sunday, January 29, 2006

Security: Security Enhancements in the .NET Framework 2.0: "Security support in the .NET Framework got a lot of love in version 2.0. Here, Keith Brown takes you on a whirlwind tour of the goodies you'll find there."

Version 2.0 of the Microsof ®.NET Framework has been released. A year ago, when I first got my hands on the Beta 2 bits, I hacked together a little program to dump all of the public members of all public types in the entire Framework and ran it on version 1.1 in addition to version 2.0. I then used WINDIFF.EXE to compare the two text files, and spent a few hours paging through the changes taking notes, paying special attention to anything that was security related.
Security support in the .NET Framework got a lot of love in version 2.0, and this column is going to take you on a whirlwind tour of the goodies you'll find there. I won't be able to cover everything, but you'll know where to start looking to stay on top of the new changes. I'll take this a namespace at a time.

No comments: