Thursday, March 29, 2007

Crumpler's The Considerable Embarrassment Laptop BagMacworld seems a world away now. When I went to Macworld I took my Crumpler bag with me. This in i


Macworld seems a world away now. When I went to Macworld I took my Crumpler bag with me. This in itself is significant. Why? Because as I was packing to leave I took out my WWDC 2006 bag that was provided by Apple. I imagined myself in line at the keynote, getting Mac-respect from others around me as they looked longingly at my WWDC 2006 bag. I even packed the bag. It really isn’t that bad, but after using the Crumpler bag for the previous few weeks I couldn’t do it.
So, at the last minute I scrambled to unpack the WWDC bag and transfer the contents to my Crumpler bag. Like any good product, it is the good things that make the Crumpler bag really sing. The material, to start off with, is of high quality, very strong, and waterproof (within reason, not waterproof as in you can swim with it). My MacBook Pro 15” fits perfectly within the case. There is a dedicated protected area for the laptop with a nice velcro overlay. The machine has more than enough padding for any road warrior’s travels, whether they be in the air, rail, or on foot.

No comments: